Howard Nemerov reports at The PJ Tatler on the gun control ambitions of Illinois Congressman Mike Quigley (D). Rep. Quigley proposes new rules in his ?“TRACE (Trafficking Reduction and Criminal Enforcement) Act” that would drive up the cost of firearms…
- “A second, hidden serial number on every gun”.
- “Maintaining background check records for 60 days”, instead of the current 24 hours.
- “gun dealers to perform inventory checks to report lost and stolen guns”.
These requirements will drive up prices by:
- Increasing manufacturing costs.
- Creating larger, more expensive government via additional data processing and storage.
- Increase firearms dealers’ overhead.
Gun control benefits the wealthiest Americans, by ensuring only they can afford guns.
Gun grabbers are rarely for confiscating all firearms from everyone. They say that all they want is to keep guns out of “the wrong hands”; and by “wrong hands”, they’ve historically meant poorer, darker hands. And Rep. Quigley’s bill would continue this tradition by running up the cost of exercising one’s 2nd Amendment rights.